botchok

05 April 2005

strike two

the start of this year was one hell of a game.. i already hit two strikes in just four months.. imagine that!.. one more strike and seems like i'm out of the game...

STRIKE 1:
The Little Prince said, "it is the time that you have wasted for your rose [someone] that makes your rose [someone] so important".. and he really is.. my complementary.. my strength.. my happiness.. he who acquainted me to myself --- the one i've never known.. but then, reality bites.. time to go on separate ways.. everything has ended and i started recuperating..


STRIKE 2:
i came from a great ancestry where life's lessons are not read but experienced.. and my grandmother is the main character.. she always relay the same old script everytime we talk to her.. sign of old age.. but then i was thankful for that.. always doing things for us, our super hero.. she played with me in spite of the weak knees.. smiled at me through a weary wrinkled face.. cooked for me even with a bland taste.. and then unexpectedly, she was gone.. leaving me in a large debt for not paying her a visit for a long time.. but as kind as she always is, i was given a last chance to pay my debt.. and that's when i say my farewell and rest her in her grave..


it's only the first quarter of the year.. and it had been a bittersweet beginning.. lot of things will still be crossing my path.. might be bitter, might be sweet.. but then i realized that the only shortcut to this sorrowful emotion is through the miracle of acceptance.. and it doesn't matter how many strikes i make, i wouldn't be out of the league.. the more strikes, the more lessons learned.. and i think that's how the game of life goes..


(add to that bitter experience is Pope John Paul II's death.. i’m not a religious devotee, but i do acknowledge his endeavor to make this world a better place)

1 comments:

  • If it is the "game of life" in which you have your 2nd strike, you were right in saying "and it doesn't matter how many strikes i make, i wouldn't be out of the league" and remember the words "purpose", "meaning", "fate", "destiny". Make you existence count. Find meaning in the game why do you place such game. Just a thought, "Live" the game and don't let the game play you. (ang gulo ko :)) Just wanna say hi ;)

    by Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< home